One of the leading business trends is the use of artificial intelligence to boost productivity.
But all the artificial intelligence (AI) in the world can’t make up for the lack of emotional intelligence (EI) in the workplace.
“Keeping updated with the latest business trends can help organizations plan for the future and implement exciting innovations to increase profitability and customer satisfaction,” according to Indeed.com.
Artificial intelligence tops the list of 10 leading business trends over the next 10 years, according to the self-reported number-one job site in the world.
For the Wall Street Journal, Lindsay Ellis interviewed several companies about their policies on the use of one of the most popular AI platforms: Chat GPT. OpenAI released this generative artificial intelligence technology in November of 2023. ChatGPT can be used to generate professional correspondence, create PowerPoint presentations, and automate tasks.
“Surveys indicate that ChatGPT is already widely used among employees, with some highlighting that it makes them more productive. Many leaders are nervous about what corporate intelligence workers might be sharing,” according to Ellis.
Top 10 business trends for the next 10 years:
- Artificial intelligence
- Alternative sources of finance
- Augmented reality and virtual reality
- New generations
- Targeted social media marketing
- Remote working and remote learning
And, rounding out the top 10: value through purpose.
Orbis is on-trend – checking 8 of 10 boxes.
- Orbis helps our clients translate vision into reality through feasibility studies to obtain alternative sources of financing.
- New generations like our marketing intern Kadra Clark keep our business relevant and innovative.
- Everyone at Orbis is an environmentalist. From our deep roots in agriculture to our love for the great outdoors, we are stewards of the land.
- Targeted social media marketing is one of the services we offer and how we connect to future clients.
Follow Orbis on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) for business and leadership tips! Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to never miss out on Thursday Tips and workshops!
- When our team is not together at Orbis World Headquarters in LaGrange, Wyoming, we work remotely.
- The Orbis Academy for Organizational Effectiveness is our platform for digital learning and e-commerce.
- Indeed highlights the trend that consumers prefer to do business with companies that align with their values. At Orbis, our values drive our work. We help our clients with values-based marketing and team development.
Values are the compass that guides our personal and professional fulfillment. Our digital workbook brings focus to how your personal values drive your work — great for personal reflection or team building.
Now that we have explored the leading business trend of artificial intelligence, let’s shift paradigms and consider how leaders enhance corporate culture with emotional intelligence.
Paradigm shift: AI to EI
Emotional intelligence goes hand in hand with teamwork.
We are familiar with the term IQ (intelligence quotient) – a relative measure of one’s intelligence, or reasoning ability. Now researchers are finding that a person’s IQ can change over time.
Similarly, a person’s EQ or emotional intelligence quotient can change over time.
What is emotional intelligence?
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage one’s emotions (Positive Psychology, 2019). It helps us understand how we are perceived by others.
For more tips on improving teamwork, view this short video, “Boost your EQ” on your own or as a team workshop.
Whether you follow the trend of AI or work on boosting your EI, we wish you great success in your efforts!
- Ellis, L. (2023, March 30). CHATGPT can save you hours at work. Why are some companies banning it? The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from https://www.wsj.com/articles/despite-office-bans-some-workers-still-want-to-use-chatgpt
- Popular business trends of the next 10 years | indeed.com. (2023, February 3). Retrieved from https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/business-trends
Have you used ChatGPT in your business? Does your company have a policy regarding the use of artificial intelligence? Let us know in the comments how it works for you.